No one likes taking a shower in a dirty bathroom. But what about the things you use to get clean? When was the last time you gave your shower sponge or loofah a good scrub? If you can’t remember, it’s probably been too long. Here’s a quick and easy guide to cleaning your Grohe shower accessories.
1. Sponges and Loofahs
You use them to get clean, so it’s important to make sure they’re clean, too. Ideally, you should replace your sponge or loofah every 2-3 weeks. But if you can’t do that, make sure to rinse them after each use at least and let them air dry completely.
2. Razor Blades
Razor blades can harbor all sorts of bacteria, so it’s important to keep them clean. Rinse blades thoroughly with hot water after each use. You should also disinfect with alcohol or witch hazel once a week. To extend their life, avoid leaving razor blades sitting in water for long periods of time and store them in a dry place.
3. Shower curtain
Your shower curtain is another breeding ground for bacteria. To clean it, remove it from the rings and machine wash on a gentle cycle with 1/2 cup vinegar. Let it air dry, or put it back up while it’s still damp.
The shower head can also be a source of bacteria. To clean it, remove the head and soak in a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup water for 30 minutes. Rinse with hot water and reattach.
5. Tile grout
The tile grout in your Shower can get pretty gross if you don’t clean it regularly. Mix 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup vinegar, and 1/2 cup water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the grout and let it sit for 10 minutes. Scrub with a brush and rinse with hot water.
How to choose accessories for the Shower?
Once you’ve decided on the basics, such as a showerhead, faucet, and drain, you can move on to choosing accessories that will make your Shower more functional and stylish. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Soap dish or dispenser: Choose a soap dish or dispenser that coordinates with your other fixtures and doesn’t take up too much space. Wall-mounted options are ideal for small showers.
- Shower caddy: A shower caddy is great for storing all of your shower essentials, including shampoo, conditioner, soap, and a razor. Look for one with shelves or compartments to help keep everything organized.
- Shower curtain: A shower curtain is a must-have if you don’t have a glass shower door. It’s also an opportunity to add some color or pattern to your space.
- Towel hooks or bars: Towel hooks or bars are essential for hanging wet towels after your Shower. Look for ones that match your other fixtures and are easy to install.
- Bath mat: A bath mat is essential for preventing slips and adding comfort to your bathroom floor. Look for one that’s made of absorbent materials and has a nonslip backing.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure your shower accessories are as clean as possible! Schedule regular replacements for sponges and loofahs, rinse razor blades thoroughly after each use and don’t forget to disinfect with vinegar or alcohol once a week. Taking care of your shower accessories is an important part of keeping your bathroom clean—and yourself healthy.